Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Anniversary Today

In 2000, on this day, I smoked my last cigarette. I had been smoking 2 packs a day, and decided that it was finally time to quit. I had attempted to quit many times before, but this time, my practicing was over. I went cold turkey and made a new choice each day to not smoke. Sometimes, at first, it was several if not multiple times a day,making that statement and vow, but 6 years later, I am still not smoking.
For today, again, I choose not to smoke.

5 comments:

Admin said...

woohoo!!! congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am VERY proud of you dear friend!! Keep choosing health! :)

Trundling Grunt said...

Well done - that must take a huge amount of courage and willpower.

Jim Wilkins said...

Thanks Vesper, It feels good to have beat that habit. That was my one vice...........JK, giving up that one, just created another one. This one is harder, nibbling all day long at a desk.

PJ, good to see you, and thanks my dear friend for your support and words of wisdom.

trundling grunt, welcome, nice to see you. I stopped at your blog and it will become a frequent stop. It might have helpd being of German ancestory and stubborn. Just glad that I did quit finally.

ruby,
thanks, When I finally decided to stop practicing and do it for real, it was moment by minute. The tough part was the friends who did not want me to quit. They smoked also. But I am glad I did, seeing them in 30 below temps out in the parking lot grabbing a quick one reminds me of why I am glad I did finally quit. Plus being able to taste, smell, and breathe without the shortness of breathe. A lot of plus's.
How is your brother doing?

Daydream believer said...

Hooray! Congratulations!