Friday, March 02, 2007

Sweet Spot

Picture from my Window
Timber Porch under Snow
A Man's Priority, the Pole Barn
View from Back Yard
Great Place to Eat
We had a snow storm move thru eastern Minnesota and left a blanket of white covering the landscape. This is the biggest storm in 8 years, and since I love being outside in storms, the evening blowing snow was a pleasure. The views are various shots of the property with the last one being a great place to stop and grab a burger, a bottomless root beer float, pie and coffee. We were in the "sweet spot" of the storm as wave after wave of snow bursts move thru. The new snowblower that was purchased three years ago had its really 1st use this week and was a treat to play with.

4 comments:

Katie McKenna said...

WOW! I Love the snow! How fabulous!!!

Jim Wilkins said...

I love snow, winter, how beautiful it is. I remember when I was growing up, I would sit by the window late on a wintry night and watch the rabbits scurring around in the moonlight. With the deep blanket of snow, the moonlight night seemed as bright as day.

Katie McKenna said...

it's funny what we miss, what we love. I even loved the down time because I save projects for winter. Although when I'm in Montana - I ride a lot in the winter as well. I have more work to do in the summer but winter , well there's less calling me. No gardening, no wood cutting, no hauling hay.... the work load is different.

Willow said...

I also love the winter, and especially the snow (I tend to get a bit cranky when we have winters without much snow). I especially love the times when I can see snowy scenes at night without the light pollution of 'civilization.' :)

By the way, I am relieved to find out that I'm not the only person in this world who remembers who "Grizzly Adams" is. I tried to find the picture that you referred to, but I couldn't, and now I need to get ready for work.

For now, I will continue to picture you as a "plant person." :)

Willow