Tuesday, December 05, 2006

An Introduction


Uhmmm, I am Sammy, and you can call me "King" Sammy.
I am a house guest of this man, and I am a Maine Coon. My distance relative is the lynx and a housecat. I am also called a "gentle giant" and like all cats, I do have nine lives. Unlike many other of my friends do. The "man" watched a couple of movies this weekend, and one showed you humans are causing some trouble and quite possibly creating an impact globally. My friends in the wild have asked me to stop in from time to time and try to educate the "man."

Besides stepping on my little toes with his big feet once in a while, and the "man" not really liking cats, he does give a mean backrub and tummy scratch. However, I hear there is "Baron" out there that gets nervous if a cat likes him too much. Baron, I am sending some friends to talk to you. You can see the sneaky feline in the background if you look for him. If anyone would care to deliver this message to Baron, please do. The message is "puuuuurrrrrrrr."

Hey, "Man!" did you know it is going to get warmer, before its gets very, very cold? The warmth will cause ice caps to melt, and as they melt my relatives the polar bears will have to swim farther.They however, only have 1 life, and some are just not capable of very long swims. Unlike me, I like water! Once those caps melt, then the gulf stream will cool down, and things will get cold very very fast. I have a heavy coat, but even I will head south.

I'll be baaaacccckkkkkkk!

PS - I have to be sneaky, not hard for a cat, but the movie is "An Inconvenient Truth" - Ophra have Al on this afternoon, and some other dude saying Al is a alarmist.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sammy, you are very handsome...the polar bears break my heart...what movie did you watch?

Anonymous said...

So very nice to meet you. And a big Ola from the Texas Hill Country.
You, too, have a cool blog. Thanks for stopping by and please visit often. I will do so likewise. :-)

Daydream believer said...

Nice cat, want another one?

pissed off patricia said...

Sammy, my cat, Fred the Cat, takes over my blog on Fridays. You guys should get together, you seem to have a lot in common. The people you own are like the people Fred the Cat owns, they are also concerned about what is being allowed to happen to our planet.

Jim Wilkins said...

I talked to the "man" today, and he has agreed to let me make appearances every Friday, just like Fred the cat.
He only had 1 rule and that was not to hit on the gals. He knows how to take the fun out of it. Meorwweee.

anyhooo----see ya Friday

Daydream believer said...

Thanks for the quotes, I really like them. Did you pick those out for me?

Can we see your tree?

Admin said...

wow sammy...you are one beautiful cat.