Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Sammy Friday


Hi Folks, Sammy here, you all can call me King Sammy.
A long time ago in our history folks used to worship cats as Gods. We still think we are.

I have wonderful news to share with everyone. The man called the roofing contractor today to voice a complaint about his new roof. He had ordered a green roof and this afternoon the color changed to white. The contractor informed him he had received a new brand that would change color in winter to conserve energy.

We have snow! And just in time for the holidays that you folks call Christmas. In the Cat Kingdom, we thought the pretty lights, decorated trees, and wrapped presents were all about the equinox and the days getting longer. A long time ago, that is what the party was all about. Just about all cultures set aside the shortest days of the year as a “rebirth” of the sun. It meant spring was not too far off and people would celebrate this major event. The churches used to close their doors, and refuse to take part in this celebration. When the Puritans left the old country with us on board, and landed here in this new land, they banned the celebration of Christmas. It was that way for over 150 years. Some of the old laws are still on the books.

Eventually the “lords of Disorder” took over December 25th, and made it a drunken party in the US. With the holiday being a drunken street celebration, songs of the era, including “We wish you a Merry Christmas” alluded to the nature of the carnival. Christmas was a day that women, children, and cats feared to walk the streets. You folks have a celebration next month that is known as “Super Bowl Weekend” Another party time. The man received an email from a church he attended a while back, and the pastor phrased his comments like this:

“I can tell it's almost Christmas. My pulse starts to race a little bit. I don't sleep as well because I'm getting excited and a little anxious. My staff says I seem a little more rambunctious than normal - like a bull in a china shop. But there's a reason for all that. There's a lot at stake at Christmas. It's the "Super Bowl" of the church year........................”

I guess I will go back to sleep, as I am confused as to what this holiday is about. The man thought it was about celebrating a very wise man’s birth, but are we playing football now? Has the church decided to join the party?

The man has been wrapping presents, and me thinks he has one for me. He is a nice man, even though I call him a grouch. Did I tell you he stepped on my foot once? He has big feet, and my little footy hurt for days.

Meooorrrryyy Christmasssssssssss…………………

5 comments:

Daydream believer said...

Merry Christmas to you Sammy!

Faded said...

What is it with Bloggers and cats...?

just saying. Maybe I have felinophobia or sumthin..

Jim Wilkins said...

DB,
Merry Christmas to you.
Hugs

Fade,
Well, the thing about cats, is they are sly and cunning. Dogs just wag their tails and are glad to see you. Cats have an "attitude"

Admin said...

interesting stuff sammy!!!

Dunwoody Locksmith said...

Hi thankss for sharing this