Friday, October 20, 2006

A Perfect Day

What is up, must come down. Look at all those leaves to play, romp, and run thru. Today is time to play, work will keep, and always be there, children are only little for a moment. Let's play!

There is Grace beside the pumpkin bags. 5 boys and 1 girl. How about them odds. Too bad they are all cousins! And they all are kissin cousins.

There is Nate, father of Grace, and the raker today. He is piling leaves up as tall as he is for hide and seek. What a great big pile.
Noah and Nash are over for a visit as mom and dad went to dinner for the evening. The key instruction from mom, " Don't let Nash have too many marshmellows."
I wonder where Nate went?


I am in a hurry, me thinks there is something in this pile of leaves besides me.
It is the Uncle Nate!


Let's get them feet moving -- I am outa here!

The fire is lit, the hot dogs and beans devoured, boxes of smores eaten, and now the wait is for the entertainment for the evening. I wonder when they will show up. I hear they are a Harley group. Did I say they ate lots of marshmellows? hehehheheheh



It appears that Grace and Noah are stepping in with air guitars and their voices at the ready. They are lip syncing?
How many marshmellows did they eat? A whole bag? This is going to be a long night, good thing I can send them home to mom and dad. Payback? Hmmmmmmmmmm


Ah, peace and quiet. The dancing flames to lull one to their magnetic hypnotic dreamland. A perfect way to end the perfect day in the northwoods of Minnesota. Who would want to live anyplace else? The tall trees, the brightly covered maples, the crisp clear nights, the deer in the back yard, those pesky weeping willows, and lots of leaves to rake.. I have an abundance of "tractor" time ahead for the next several weeks raking and sweeping leaves before snow flies Maybe their is a business opportunity here. Anyone want to purchase some leaves? Price is right. Life is good!

No comments: